Originally Posted By: Mike_H
A good plot twist for you GM would be that maybe only one or two of your "planned" items are still in your room. The rest missing due to being needed by your family to survive. Maybe a book was missed. A knife in the back of a closet.

Now that you have clarified this comment, I can now address it. Earlier I created a scenario in which my player-character has her knife sharpening system with her. I discussed this with the game master and he felt it would be best if it were left home. For the knife sharpening system, he granted me an allowance.

As mentioned earlier, I have a book on nutritional healing. I imagine that would be used during the forty years my player-character is gone. I plan to buy three books on wilderness survival. Because my player-character's family and friends are in the relative safety of a settlement, and not in the wilderness, those three books are likely to remain. Everything else would be personal items.

Jeanette Isabelle