So, where is the real survival exercise?

As I am reading your last responses, your family and friends will get you back on your feet before you head off on a trek. So, you will gear up before leaving.

So, not much surviving since you have time to plan what to bring with you and your friends will supply you with what you don't already have.

A typical survival situation places in you in an unspecified location with only what you have on you and you need to return to civilization, if possible.

Or you may have a survival situation caused by a natural disaster, where you need to survive until some standard of living returns.

You are stating that you will be back to a relatively normalized civilization. May not have all the comforts of where we are now, but certainly not a stressed survival scenario.

In what aspect do you believe this story line/scenario is survival?

I don't mean to be critical, but I don't see the point beyond some fun role playing in the constraints of actual scenario (ie no magic or super powers). BTW, what is the deal with being a cat? Is this part of the game? You have mutant powers of some sort?

Perhaps, in the quest, you get lost from the group. Maybe then you have your survival scenario.