Originally Posted By: JeanetteIsabelle
The house is still in the family. I have established this.

So, you are telling me that your family would not touch your room for 40 years if you vanished? Esp if they think there may be useful survival items in it for their own personal use? Sorry, but this is very very far-fetched...

The custom kit is black so it is less obvious and I tried to keep it as small as possible for that reason. Also, she will be getting clothes and a new pair of glasses to fit in this new society.

I still believe your character would stick out. Speech patterns and trends change in that time. It takes some time to truly assimilate into a new society. How quickly would you be off on a quest? Any time to observe these new surroundings? Once again, 40 years is longer than you think, esp after some sort of terrible episode.

A dress would be needed on the trek to blend in.

I still don't buy the dress on a trek. Some sort of tunic with leggings maybe.

The whole concept is interesting, but fanciful... What is your ultimate goal? Really thinking of survival skills or??? I can think of better, practical RPG guidelines for that. Perhaps in 40 years, medical technology is better due to rediscovery of herbs and such... Your character would really not fit in being displaced 40 years... It would take time to make the transition, let alone the mental trauma and anguish of loss...