Originally Posted By: Mike_H
Personally, I find it a large assumption that her room would be intact. If the world comes apart as you claim, why wouldn't the house be picked through for anything even remotely useful for surviving?

Electronics will definitely survive for 40 years. I have several items that are very close to that and still work. All depends on storage conditions.

The house is still in the family. I have established this.

Thinking about things from the other end of the equation. A person suddenly appears out of nowhere. Looks clean, kempt, and all new stuff on them. Wouldn't this immediately scream target? Nothing to defend yourself with would make you easy picking for anyone wanting what you have.

The custom kit is black so it is less obvious and I tried to keep it as small as possible for that reason. Also, she will be getting clothes and a new pair of glasses to fit in this new society.

I've done a lot of RPGing in my days. This whole premiss sounds very shakey. You are depending on an altruistic GM to ensure your characters safety upon moment of arrival.

Her sudden appearance has been worked out.

Going on a "trek" in a dress would not be wise if you have perfectly good pants and such. There are many high quality garments that are great for being in the outdoors in the summer that promote good air flow.

A dress would be needed on the trek to blend in.

Jeanette Isabelle