This guy did his homework. Unfortunately.

Quote:
...one of the attacker's first victims on the island was an off-duty police officer...

AND he knew they didn't have guns, weren't likely to fight back.

Quote:
One thing I've read is that worried parrents calling their childeren on their cells actually give away their positions.

Thinking is no longer in fashion. 'I want to know' supercedes 'What is best for the situation'.

Quote:
Why was one person able to kill 85 persons with a firearm and wound others... the death count would have been a lot lower if the folks on that island would have taken direct action to stop the gunman.

Quote:
If you see someone shooting everyone he can, that should be a pretty good indication of their intent. With that, you should know that if no one stops the shooter, more will be shot... more will die.

I'm sure there were adults there. But with just one person shooting, I always tend to think HE HAS TO RELOAD SOMETIME! Was it so inconceivable that someone might have the idea to get around him and bash his head in with a chunk of wood or a rock?

Gun control won't stop a lunatic, but it sure can stop the people who can stop the lunatic.

Quote:
...firearm based homicides in ... Norway (0.3 per 100,000)...

Well, someone kicked a pretty good hole in those figures, didn't they?

Sue