Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
When I built my wife's kit, I threw in a bunch of pads, but honestly didn't give it any more thought than that. I'd appreciate it if you would start a thread about those needs.

Good idea Chaos! As women, we've got a few different concerns that we need to prepare for.
Hope that's a good start and hasn't made any of you guys put your hands over your eyes. wink

"feminime napkins, tampons, pads, TP, medicated powder, canesten, yeast infections, pregnancy, post-partums, underwear, bladder infections..." Sounds like standard TV commerial fare seen on any night of the week. What's to be embarrassed about? grin

I think most guys are pretty educated, by osmosis if not anything else! However, I'm not so educated about this line "Women who have had babies are often given a little squirt bottle." And I'm not really looking for the explaination either! crazy

If each person puts together their own BOB then the gal should put her gear in her pack and a smaller kit could be added to the guys kit in case she can't get to hers. But if you have just one large BOB then this gear can be stowed as a separate bag in a pocket in/or attached to the backpack. Likewise, if you have seniors/kids/pets that need their specialized gear.