Originally Posted By: JeanetteIsabelle
Originally Posted By: Susan
Another issue for women is abdominal pain during periods. Have enough OTC pain meds to allow for this.

When packing for a trip, making sure I have everything covered can be a pain. However, I EDC the medication. I don't even have to think about that other than to make sure I have enough.

Jeanette Isabelle

This ties in with the BOBWABUK thread. Have a toiletry kit always ready. Keep any kind of normal medication in it that you take, be it pain, allergy, vitamins, etc. When you run out of what your using out of the medicine cabinet, kitchen counter, wherever you normally keep it, you pull the new bottle from the toiletry kit, then buy a new bottle from the store and put it in the kit.
This way you never run out, as you always have a spare. Wife keeps zantec in hers, kids have childrens pepto, etc. Winter time I'll keep cough medicine in them, childrens Tylenol, etc. The toiletry kits hang on the wall where they can be easily put in a suitcase should we need to go or if the kids run out of something my wife just grabs the new from the kit then if she forgets to tell me I see the empty place in the kit and know to buy new. The gear in your travel kits never expires since it gets rotated out at you use your normal household. And you don't forget to pack things since its always there.
Expensive things like my electric razor I just leave in my travel kit, just grab it on the way to the bathroom in the morning and put it back when done. Beats leaving it on the sink anyway.
I just did this with my toothbrush last night, brand new one went into the toiletry kit, the one from there went into the bathroom because the one from the bathroom was worn out. Old toothbrush goes in the bicycle box as those are the best to cleaning.