Originally Posted By: Glock-A-Roo
Originally Posted By: Teslinhiker
I am going to the local gear store tonight or tomorrow and I know they carry the MC-2 Globals. I'll have a look and will let you know as perhaps they have changed the product in the last while.

That would be great Teslin, thank you.

I tried to take a pic of my MC-2G and MCA compasses to show the difference in the line, but I can't get the lighting right to show how they really differ. It's pretty tough to photograph mirrors, imagine that...!

I ordered some black 1/32" and 1/64" pinstriping tape and will see if I can get it on the mirror straight. With the faint existing line as a guide I might be able to do an OK job.

Glock-A-Roo:

I had a chance to have a look today. The line on MC-2G (Global) mirror is visible to my eyes, however I also understand that each of us view shapes / objects differently and I can see (no pun intended) where some may not be able to see the line on the mirror clearly such as you are experiencing.

On the MC-2D Compass of which I am now aware is the compass depicted in the picture above has a very definite line and perhaps this would be a better compass for some. In terms of basic feature differences between the 2G and 2D, there does not seem to a lot from what I briefly seen and perhaps the 2D would a better choice to consider if you do not really need the "global" features of the 2G.

John Lubbock