The issue over the flashlight is giving me more headaches than any other gear. I mentioned in the beginning why I picked a disposable flashlight. I have since then taken cost out of the equation.

The flashlight cannot be black. I need to be able to find it in a situation where seeing it may be difficult, like dropped for example. It must comfortably fit in a pocket. The city of Carlton has reverted to a pioneer society so my player-character will be wearing that type of dress once she gets settled. A holster probably would not work and because I may be carrying other items, I cannot count on having a purse. It has to be, at the least, water-resistant in case I drop it in the water. I want something simple. I don't want to go through a menu of options to turn in on. I want to be able to push a button or twist it to turn it on and do the same to turn it off. I don't want it to turn on accidentally. I need it to work so I need a quality flashlight.

Also, I want recommendations for a field knife sharpener. I want something compact, nothing fragile and if it needs to be cleaned, it would be easy to clean as in no special supplies to clean it. After all, we will be on a trek and we need to keep our weight and space at a minimal. My player-character has a knife sharpening system, like Edge Pro or Spyderco Tri-Angle Sharpmaker, at home.

Jeanette Isabelle