Originally Posted By: mpb
I wonder where everybody is 'bugging out' to?
The whole countryside will be crawling with 'survivalists'.
Does anyone of the out-buggers consider the circumstance that the whole country is setteld and locals will object to some yahoos invading their space?

mpb:

I read through your posts so far, and it seems your primary raison d’etre is to snark. If you do not like the subject matter discussed here, that is your right. But our Forums and our members take great pride in keeping the tone of our discussions civil, friendly, and on message - even when we disagree. So I ask, in my most polite MODERATOR voice possible, that you do the same.

And understand, while I can'tspeak for all, the vast majority of us at ETS are not "survivalists". Survivalists prepare for the end of the word as we know it, and it won't be coming back. If we need such a moniker, call us "Preparers". We try to be prepared for emergencies, big or small, to bridge the time between when a disaster strikes and the time of rescue and/or the reestablishment of normal order. We do not anticipate the end of civilization; in fact, that civilization will still be to rescue us or be reestablished in a reasonable time folling calamity is central to any preparedness plans we make.

As a person who has survived too many hurricanes (Betsy, Camille, Katrina, Rita, Gustav to name a few) I understand the value of being prepared. We have sufficient supplies at home to tide us through 4 days without power or water, and when storms come we always prepare ‘bug-out’ bags for all in case we have to evacuate. In south Louisiana that is not over the top. That is common sense. SO is teaching your child what to do if they are lost in the woods, and what to have with them in case that happens.

Again, if you are here to contribute to ETS, please do so. But, if you are here just to be an annoyance, I got this big red MODERATOR button. You have already been reported to me twice.

.....CLIFF
(like, who else?)