Glad this worked out well.
I have a SPOT2 and carry it any time I am remote ... hiking, riding my mot0rcycle, whatever.

One nice thing is that you can program in a good specific emergency message. So your message can tell police who you are, how old you are, where you are going, the route you plan to follow, and what kind of gear you've got with you. If you use the device intelligently, the emergency message can provide a lot of information.

I should explain that the SPOT2 does not transmit the whole message. The device just sends an SOS signal when you hit the SOS button. Hence the SPOT signal will give your latest GPS coordinates, and inform the headquarters (in Texas) that you have a serious problem. Your location is updated every 15 mins. Prior to your trip, you can go online to your user profile and update the message that you want people to read in an actual emergency - so that the SPOT organization and the police will have this data. Therefore, with a little forward thinking, you can give them a very good picture of who you are and what you are doing out there. Then - so long as you stick to your planned route - all this stuff will be helpful to a search team.

Pete #2

Edited by Pete (05/24/11 11:19 PM)