Originally Posted By: CANOEDOGS
Jim..i put the stoves on a kitchen scale,the stoves are 10oz and the windscreen/pot holders are 6oz!..i know over at CCS someone has plans for making a lightweight one.i got small hinges but no aluminum for one i want to make.by the way the stove on the left of my photo is a "real" Borde made by the Swiss in Zurich and the right made in Kilchberg Switzerland by Norbert Bader.except for the filler end they are the same
It's really interesting to me that there's so much variability in the weight of the stoves. My stove, without the control hook, weighs 8.5 oz (241g). Very interesting that yours weigh 1.5 oz each more.

6 oz for the pot stand?! Yeah, that's a bit nuts, isn't it? For my stove, 6 oz represents a seventy percent weight gain. The Trangia Westwind stand is about half that. It's still a bit heavy at 3 oz, but I haven't thought of anything better yet.

Interestingly, at the last shop where I actually saw a Borde displayed, they displayed it with a Westwind stand. They didn't even offer the Borde stands. Kind of silly to have a stand that weighs almost as much as the stove. As innovative as the stove is, you'd think they could have come up with a better stand.

Since my Borde didn't come with paperwork, I'm not sure where it was made. The filler cap/plug extends outward slightly so perhaps it was made in Kilchberg instead of Zurich.

HJ