Originally Posted By: dougwalkabout
Regarding the OP:

Very cool, _Jim. Every real man wants one of those B-Bombs, just because they're so hardcore minimalist and freaking dangerous. Kinda like a stripped-down hand-built Harley, no suspension, no fenders, no wussy heat shield on the exhaust ... just pure angry torque.
lol. Now there's a visual. Yeah, the Borde is the simplest white gasoline stove that I know of. Everything is right there where you can see it. No hidden parts that are hard to get to or anything like that.

Anyway, I'm enjoying all your reviews. Keep it up.

But I guess I'm old school -- if it ain't liquid fuel, it ain't a real stove. My old, much loved Svea is long dead
It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings... If you've still got your old Svea it might be possible to restore it. If the tank is cracked or something like that, probably not, but a lot of the time you just need a new jet, new valve packing, and a new wick.

... but you've got me pulling out my other long-neglected stoves just for fun. Last night it was a single burner, multifuel Coleman that hasn't run in 15 years. Added oil for the pump, Coleman fuel labelled 2001 (!), tightened a couple of fuel connections, and she lit up on the first match. Wow. Melted snow and made tea. Talk about memory lane.
I've heard of Coleman fuel being used that was 30 years old without problem. I've used 20 year old fuel without problem. Coleman fuel lasts a good long time if it's kept well sealed.

Your multi fuel sounds pretty cool. What model is it? 550? Got pix? smile

HJ