Originally Posted By: PureSurvival
Hypothermia is so difficult to spot in oneself or even recognize in others. Far better to avoid it than to try to treat it.

Truth be told, there are some very well documented symptoms to watch for in people who may be declining into a state of hypothermia. These symptoms are fairly easy to spot even for non-professionals.

Most times if you are outdoors with family or friends, you already have a good baseline history of their normal behavior and so it becomes readily apparent when they start to show abnormal symptoms that you must heed and take immdiate action to treat as again, most people will not acknowledge or deny they are slowly slipping into hypothermia.

I have only seen one very serious case of hypothermia and it was not pleasant experience. Since then, I am very aware of the symptoms and is something I keep a very close eye on when we are out enjoying the outdoors.

John Lubbock