Here is a link to more information on the First Strike Rations:

http://www.mreinfo.com/us/fsr/first-strike-ration.html

First Strike Rations seem to be hard to find, I've seen them on Ebay for about $40.00 with additional shipping costs. Here is a link to a recent auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FIRST-STRIKE-RATION-...88#ht_500wt_975

Just as an exercise I decided to try and make a home made FSR. The idea was to have a meal with a reasonably long shelf life without refrigeration and to keep the cost under $20.00 without using heavily preserved items. With a few changes and substituting cheaper jerky for the Tanka bar the cost could probably be lowered to about $10 - $12. I already had the Bridgeford sandwiches and after a quick trip to a supermarket and a natural food store this is what I came up with.

Item..................................................Calories......Cost ($)
Bridgeford Shelf Stable Sandwich......................................290..........2.00
Starkist Ready Made Tuna Salad Pouch (chunk light)........200..........1.20
Bear Valley Pemmican Fruit ' Nut Bar................................420..........1.35
Tanka Buffalo Cranberry Bar..............................................70............2.35
Justin's Classic Almond Butter Pouch.................................200..........0.87
Justin's Honey Peanut Butter Pouch...................................180..........0.87
GoGo Squeez Applesauce Pouch........................................60............0.77
PowerBar Gel Vanilla ….....................................................110...........0.97
Planters Nutrition South Beach Diet Pouch.......................250..........0.67
BoBo's Oat Bar original.....................................................360..........1.67
Ultima Replenisher 2 pouches............................................20............1.78
Lance Whole Cheddar Cheeses Crackers..........................180...........0.25
Honey Stinger Waffle …....................................................160...........1.39
Panda All Natural Raspberry Licorice Bar.........................100..........0.89
Boomi Bar Almond Protein Plus........................................270...........1.29
Archer Farms Strawberry real Fruit Bar.............................110...........0.50
Gatorade G2 Fruit Punch Powder Pack..............................40.............0.38
Totals................................................................................3020........19.20