Quote:
Some pockets (walled settlements) have returned to some level of civility. But how civil is the wold if people have to live with walls surrounding them on all sides?

This is big difference if the event took place at the time of her time transport (40 years elapsing) or 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, etc. prior to her reintroduction; as the social structure would after a passage of time, return to a more stable nature.

What you are describing in terms of a society and the civility or lack thereof, currently exists in a good part of the world today. There are many parts of the world, where walled or “gated” communities are common place and not the exception.

Quote:
As stated, I expect the flashlight to be used up by the time the trek is over.

I am also unclear as to what is the trek and what is its purpose?

Quote:
As for choosing the role of a Wilderness EMT, I wanted to give my player-character the greatest advantage based on or close enough to what I know. I have taken classes, read books and studied online. Furthermore, I put into practice some of what I have learned so I feel playing the role of an EMT is not too much of a stretch.

What advantages do you envision for her survival in being an EMT-W vs. a standard EMT, since you state there is a hospital, abet with aging equipment and supplies?

Pete