Originally Posted By: JeanetteIsabelle
The emergency blanket you mentioned is included in the medical kit I am considering.

Okay. Consider that the absolute minimum to be carried on one's person.

Quote:
The Mk2 may be bigger than what I may be comfortable with. The Mk3 is a better slicer and slightly less noticeable than the Mk2.

The Bigger Is Better Principle probably applies here, and a Mk2 should survive more physical abuse. The Mk3 will survive more lack-of-care (being an S30V blade); that's a significant issue to consider.

Quote:
I have given a lot of thought to a multi tool but given the other tools I already have, the RSK Mk3 and the EMT sheers in the medical kit, do I need additional tools? If so, I need to find a way to determine which is the best multi tool for this situation.

Blast covered this well. An LM Wave with bit kit is incredibly versatile, but there are other excellent choices.

Quote:
My friend Arik is playing a wester movie type gunslinger in the role play game, another player-character is a Tai Chi master (a form of martial art which can be lethal when practiced for many years) and there will be other player-characters who are armed whom Jeanette will be with.

They'll be with you all the time? You'll never be in peril of being overrun? In RPG terms I would never consider an unarmed character for the kind of game you're playing.

Quote:
The flashlight you suggested certainly lasts much longer. The PICO Lite is tiny, which is an advantage and, at $10, throwing it away is no big deal after its advertised fifteen-hour runtime.

Tiny is good, but bright and longer lasting is better, in my book.

Quote:
A pack would depend on how far along she is in preparing for her scheduled trip which got interrupted. As for the hydration bladder, I don't believe it would be needed since the party Jeanette is with would have things like a pot for boiling water. The bottled water is to sustain her until Jeanette finds out where she is (she will be transported within in her city though it would look foreign to her) and those she knows which should not take long. After the bottle of water is empty, it can be used to hold water which has been purified.

The means to carry water for long trips could be very important.