Hey Jeanette, good to see you back here!

Quote:
I have given a lot of thought to a multi tool but given the other tools I already have, the RSK Mk3 and the EMT sheers in the medical kit, do I need additional tools? If so, I need to find a way to determine which is the best multi tool for this situation.

The usefulness of a multitool becomes apparent when you need to disassemble something to scavenge parts to build something else, also using your multitool. The ability to remove a screw from one thing (a bookcase for instance) to build something else, say a solar oven, makes a multitool very useful. Add the ability to use the multitool's file to shape metal and you've just advanced thousands of years past cavemen. Add two crescent wrenches and suddenly you can pull the alternator from a car and build a generator.

The ability to make 1,000s of fires is also necessary. Matches or a lighter isn't enough. Get some sort of firesteel.

Now are actually trying to rebuild civilization or just go on a quest for some object? The two require much different tool sets. The best way to rebuild society is through agriculture...followed quickly by making alcohol. Some books on farming and animal care would be most welcome. The firefox books and Diary of an Early American Boy or other books of self sufficiency come to mind.

You might also want to download and read the free Steampunks Guide to the Apocalypse. It has all sorts of good ideas on making useful stuff out of the remains of our current civilization.

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.