These are good suggestions. Some, I believe, need to be discussed and weighed with an open mind.

My player-character is a Wilderness EMT and not just a regular EMT so she would have some wilderness training though she could use additional training. Of course my player-character is based on me and as I have said, this is intended to "test" what I theoretically know. I have considered taking some wilderness classes (I live in an urban environment) but I have not done so yet.

Once again my player-character is a Wilderness EMT so she would be in appropriate clothing. One reason that Jeanette is getting additional clothing in this setting is to better blend in. The emergency blanket you mentioned is included in the medical kit I am considering.

The Mk2 may be bigger than what I may be comfortable with. The Mk3 is a better slicer and slightly less noticeable than the Mk2.

I have given a lot of thought to a multi tool but given the other tools I already have, the RSK Mk3 and the EMT sheers in the medical kit, do I need additional tools? If so, I need to find a way to determine which is the best multi tool for this situation.

Another fire making tool is something worth considering.

My friend Arik is playing a wester movie type gunslinger in the role play game, another player-character is a Tai Chi master (a form of martial art which can be lethal when practiced for many years) and there will be other player-characters who are armed whom Jeanette will be with.

Regarding the book, there is no reason for it to be on her since all of her positions would still be in her house, as mentioned in the initial post, and a book can survive sitting around for forty years.

The flashlight you suggested certainly lasts much longer. The PICO Lite is tiny, which is an advantage and, at $10, throwing it away is no big deal after its advertised fifteen-hour runtime.

A pack would depend on how far along she is in preparing for her scheduled trip which got interrupted. As for the hydration bladder, I don't believe it would be needed since the party Jeanette is with would have things like a pot for boiling water. The bottled water is to sustain her until Jeanette finds out where she is (she will be transported within in her city though it would look foreign to her) and those she knows which should not take long. After the bottle of water is empty, it can be used to hold water which has been purified.

Jeanette Isabelle