I understand the problem. I followed up on two leads for this compass, and both evaporated on me- one just replied with the difficulties he'd had with the company, the other quit replying at all. I've heard they can be had from Brunton in lots of 50, but have yet to talk to anyone that's succeeded in getting a lot.<br><br>I ended up stocking two kits with compasses I pulled from (REI) compass-thermometer zipper pulls, but after I bought them I noticed that they were manufactured by Sun for REI. I've had two other Sun "watchband" compasses develop bubbles just from sitting in a drawer for a couple of years, so I'm not too hopeful. They were held in with double-sided tape, and could be worked loose by hand- eventually.<br><br>You can use Silva or Suunto watchband compasses if you have the space- they come with a velcro wristband, and it is nice to be able to check the compass on the move without stopping, whether on wrist or pinned to clothing.. but, even without the wristband, they're more than twice the size, and that can be a real problem for the small-tin kits.<br><br>The British "SAS" NATO-kit compass is an alternative, seems adequate, though not fluid filled, but it is very expensive for what it is.<br><br>Workarounds... but, bottom line, I've looked a lot, and I'm still looking.<br>