I've been in Vegas for two days now and both the city and I are still standing. grin
In between the slots, shots, and skin I did find a few things that might interest y'all.

First up is a new, heavy duty Food Saver brand vacuum sealer. It can do 60 bags in a row before overheating, but the real cool feature is it comes with a 12-volt plug so you can run it off you vehicle up at deer camp. I'm thinking you could also use it to seal important stuff when the power is out, say after a hurricane or something.

FoodSaver by merriwether, on Flickr

Bridgford has come out with a line of sandwich-style mre thingies that are quite tasty. Depending on the flavor, the sandwiches run 2.5oz-3.5oz and contain approximately 300 calories. They come in assorted flavors with the best ones being Italian, BBQ beef, and BBQ chicken. They are available as either 4-packs or 48-case, single flavor, no mixes. They are stable for 3 years at 80F, hence the name "Shelf Stable". You can find them at Cabelas, Bass Pro Shop, Dicks, Sportsman's Guide, REI and other big outdoors gear stores. Bridgford Shelf Stable sandwiches at Amazon.com

ShelfStable by merriwether, on Flickr

Of course there needs to be a knife review, so here's mine on a new line from Ka-Bar: Zombie Killer Knives!

KabarZombies by merriwether, on Flickr
These mean choppers come with both the green grips installed, but their package will also include user-replacable black grips. I love the "Pestilence Chopper". It's sheath comes with a large front pouch big enough to hold a bottle of water or several sticks of dynamite.

KA-BAR is a Knife Rights Sharper Future Legal Fund Bronze Donor

Support companies that support Knife Rights.

Adventure Medical Kits has expanded their SOL line to a plethora of different kits and kit supplements. They have a basic "complete" kit in a custom hard plastic case with includes a knife/whistle/flashlight thingy, fire starter, tinder, compass and assorted other survival tools.

SOL by merriwether, on Flickr
Inside and outside of kit.

The knife is available separately, as are many of the other components.

Energizer continues to innovate emergency energy equipment such as solar chargers for small electronics, rechargeable batteries, and assorted LED li (3 on each side) designed to be hung by the included carbiner. It'll be great for use in tents or during power outages.

EnergizerLantern by merriwether, on Flickr

In my opinion Energizer also had two cases of FAIL with their new equipment. The first was there was no simple way to connect their battery charger to any of their solar panels. Second was their new, big car jumpstarter/emergency power source can only be recharged by 110AC. You can't recharger it from your vehicles 12vdc or solar panel.

Tomorrow I'll be meeting with a rep from Gerber knives and will post what I find after I get home.

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.