I'm with Ponder on this. My winter kit includes wool, wool, more wool and a good sleeping bag with a fleece liner . . Depending on the size of the vehicle it could take a substantial amount of energy to keep the inside warm enough. So my thoughts are to not create heat inside the vehicle as much as to keep the 98.6 inside my body.

I've got lithium batteries and LED lights for light. I switched to 123A batteries in the car because the LED road flares I have run on them . . so I standardized on 123A batteries for the truck.

If I'm in serious trouble, I'll just activate my PLB.

Originally Posted By: hikermor
. . . I regard the car interior as the same thing as the interior of my winter tent. I don't need to heat the interior of the tent, why bother with that of the car? I simply need to keep that little sliver of air around my tender pink body at a comfortable temperature.

This is a pretty good situation for using MREs,along with their flameless heaters. I have never used one of these heaters, but I imagine they would take the sting off, once they have accomplished their task of preparing your hot meal, along with the indispensable nice cup of tea.
Agree with the tent analogy and the use of MRE's. I have food in the truck kit but MRE's might be better for winter. Thanks.