I occasionally get funny looks, but not that often as I rarely advertise what I'm carrying. The really funny thing is how often people rib me for the first aid kit I carry in my chef knife case. Especially given I've cut a fingertip off twice and had innumberable cuts that should have been stitched, not to mention the uncountable burns I've received over the years. Given the fact that professional cooks spend many hours swinging razor sharp knives and working over 1200 degree broiler and vats of 350 degree fat you'd think the notion of carrying some advanced 1st Aid tech would be passe. Of course, they quit laughing when I cap their "gusher" with a Hemcon bandage or a package of Celox. wink

Incidentally my work FAK is pretty minimal. Since I work a quarter mile from the best hospital in the state my emergency kit is geared towards the most common kitchen problems: Cuts, burns & hangovers. grin A couple of times I probably could have some my electrolyte tablets for $10 each. cool