I don't mean to interrupt this thread, but I've been lurking here for a few years and this is the first thread that's really encouraged me to speak, if only to say how discouraging it is.

Speaking as (apparently) one of the younger people reading these boards, it's disheartening to read any thread that accuses our generation (I'm still not clear which generation, other than "young people") of being universally ignorant, unmotivated, greedy, malicious, stupid, and any other collection of negative traits. I know not every poster is making such a widespread, blanket judgment (though a handful have it made crystal clear that they happily are), but this thread seems to have devolved into a collection of anecdotes about how terrible anyone under 30 is.

I might be being thin-skinned here, or misreading the tone or intent in a lot of these posts. I'm not even disputing that my generation is full of idiots (though I'd argue that's not our exclusive province). I just wanted to say how hostile it seems to me, and how unwelcome this board suddenly seems to us younger lurkers.

Again, I apologize if I'm misinterpreting anyone's tone or ideas. But the last page reads like an email my great-aunt Ethel would forward me with a title "FW:FW:FW:FW: CAN YOU BELIEVE THESE KIDS THESE DAYS ON MY LAWN?"