People think you can teach dogs how to mind with osmosis. Unfortunately, they teach their kids the same way.

I have some new neighbors next door. They have three small kids, the oldest of which is six and female. The girl is already the teenager in Art_in_FL's comment about high-school kids: a punk, insolent, know-it-all witch. I can hardly wait until she becomes a teenager so that particular chicken comes home to roost! I just hope they've moved to another state by then.

Most parents have no control over their kids, and they don't even have a CLUE that they don't. Over and over and over, I hear the same commands, and watch the same total lack of results. Albert Einstein said something about the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Writer and long-time NY schoolteacher John Taylor Gatto, author of Dumbing Us Down, said that the American public school system has only two priorities: Control and creating good consumers.

Writer/teacher/school counselor Linda Schrock Taylor says they only have one: money. The more "disabled" kids they can list, the more money they get. It is in their best interests to produce "disabled" kids.

With all the money that is poured into what is laughingly (by other countries) referred to as "the American educational system", is it accidental or deliberate that it doesn't educate?

When 55% of my property taxes goes to education, plus the lottery money, plus the federal funds, with the results we're getting we should cancel the educational system (since it doesn't work) and give the money to the firefighters.

Sue