So yesterday I was at a high school to teach a wild edibles class at the request of one of the science teachers. The school is considered one of the top high schools in The Woodlands, Texas, a very affluent suburb of Houston.

I have never been so sure that we are doing the right thing by homeschooling our kids.

The teacher had no power over the class. Kids were sleeping, talking, mouthing off to the teacher, throwing things around or just to drunk/stone to do anything other than stare into space. After talking for a bit we went outside and explored the ground for edible plants. Every plant we saw kids asked the same question: "Will it make me high?"

When we got back to the classroom the "students" (I have a hard time calling them that!) discovered that someone had gone through their bookbags and stolen money, cell phones, etc...

This was only one class but from what I saw while walking through the hallways suggests a majority of the classrooms are out of control. frown

Sidenote: it took me half an hour to pull out all my knives, hatchets, machetes, and other items out of my truck to make it legal to be on school grounds.

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.