While we are arguing about whether our current generation is putting us all in the crapper, there is a group of human beings (who shall remain nameless, but there's a whole lot of them, they come from a very big Eastern country with a whole bunch of Dynasties, there's a lot of restaurants associated with their style of food, they give you leftovers in a cute white little folded box sometimes with a metal bail, invented gunpowder and fireworks (yah!), built a very large and longlasting wall, invented paper and ink, used to be associated with making cheap knick-knacks sold in gift shops but now are associated with making top quality high tech devices including spy satellites, etc etc) who put incredibly high value on education, generally make certain their kids perform at or near the top of their classes, frequently hold jobs in highly technical positions involving computers, biomedical sciences, and electronics; and who we may all be working for before you can say "Jack RobinWu".

I jokingly said something along this line to one of my young female colleagues from this country the other day, mentioning something like 20 years as the expected timetable for this turnover, and she said back to me in complete seriousness, "No, 5 years."