I've had both types of those match cases. The KM ones are nice and it's nice to have the compass feature. However, I now prefer to carry two Cricket piezo-electric lighters--one in my pocket and one in my kit.

My experience has been that, even if the match case is effective at keeping out water, when you need to open the case under duress when you and/or the case are wet, some water will manage to find its way inside at that moment. As I and others have pointed out in the past, you can hold the Cricket piezo lighters completely under water for 30 seconds or a minute, then blow out the water and they will light.

As I recall, I found the KM match case a bit clunky and heavy in my pocket. I think I had a brass one, though. The piezo lighters are very light and flat, and I have never had any issue with the Cricket ones lighting even at or above 8000 feet.

I used to get my Cricket piezo lighters at Walgreens, but lately they don't seem to be carrying them. Cricket still is making them and they have a website.

For nostalgia's sake, I have a couple of the old Marble chrome matchcases with the roughened striking surface on the outside. They always say "wilderness traveling" to me when I look at them.