Woot! I finally got it stuffed in there! Many thanks to Hikermor! Cutting the insulation out wasn't too tough once I got started. There are still some scraps at the bottom that I couldn't easily get at. Ultimately I figured it was better to leave it a little ragged than to accidently cut thru the side of the bag with a razor. The lid fits in the bottom and the 1.5 qt bain marie fits over the top, but just barely. It's very snug. If I get a pot that's 1/8" to 1/4" narrower it would probably be a bit easier to use. Eventually I probably will. The 40oz bottle doesn't rattle much. If I stick a bandana or a few coffee filters around it there should be no rattle at all.

Having such a large pot eats into the space in the front pouch, but I managed to get my AMK PSP in there, along with a poncho and a space blanket. I took the tinfoil out of the PSP to help fit it in there. Since its' main purpose is to boil water I really don't need it- I have a 1.5 qt pot and a 40oz bottle for that. grin

The guy I bought it from included a pair of MALICE Clips. I could use those to mount my Maxpedition M-2 pack to it for a 1st aid kit or extra gear. Maybe I'll even get the slighly larger M-1. On the other side I'll probably weave some paracord thru the PALs webbing to keep some extra cordage handy. A bit of first aid stuff and maybe an Altoids tin sized fire kit would make this a pretty potent EDC Survival kit. Obviously I wouldn't choose to spend a week in the bush with nothing else, but since I always have water on a hike this would insure I have at least that minimum amount of gear.

I expect I'll probably tweak it here and there but overall I think the kit's a winner. I'll get some pics of the finished product when I get a chance. grin