To show you what I'm trying to do I took some pictures. I thought I'd toss one of all my Maxpedition stuff in there, too.

Just for kicks, here's a "Maxpedition family picture": Back row- F.I.G.H.T. Medical pouch, Kodiak Gearslinger. Front row- Individual 1st Aid Pouch, M-2 Waistpack, 2 bain maries, 40 oz SS Simply Green Bottle, 12 x 5 Water Bottle Pouch, 1 L Chinook SS bottle.

Bottle holder, 2 bottles & bain marie:

The two bain maries I have on hand:

The bottle holder, bottle & a double Sistema waterproof case (case fits in the front pouch, at least w/o the bottle)

The bottle holder with the 40 oz black SS bottle & bain marie I want to use, if I can get 'em to fit:

I'm deliberating on carefully removing the insulation. I just got the black stainless bottle today, and it's really nice. It's pretty large, and fits the bag a little snugger. It also fills the bain marie a bit better with less rattle. Darn, should've take a picture of the new bottle in the bain marie. Maybe later. It would be sweet to get the bottle to nest in the pot and get it to fit the bag, but I could still boil in just the bottle and keep the pot for a larger kit. I'll have to mull that over a bit more.

One cool thing is that with the bottle in the bottle compartment, the front pouch will hold a Coleman poncho, a space blanket and my Ritter-designed Adventure Medical Kit's Pocket Survival Pak, with a bit of room to spare. grin

At any rate, any comments or suggestions on how to outfit this bag for EDC/survival are welcome.