Originally Posted By: DaveT
Nice find Phaedrus - so to be clear, the 1.5-qt version will hold a 1-liter Nalgene bottle?

Nice to know

Dave

The 1.5 qt is somewhere between 4.5" and 5" in diameter (I'll see when it shows up). A 1 liter Nalgene is about 3.5" in diameter. The bain marie will be at least an inch larger in diameter, I think. A tighter fit would be nice, at least if you want to nest them like you would the 18 oz canteen-cup-style cup that many people use. The more I think about it a 1.25 qt bain marie pot would be a tighter fit. I'll probably pick on of them up, too- they're inexpensive enough.

BTW, I also scored a Maxpedition 12 x 5 water bottle holder for $30 shipped off eBay. If my measurements are pretty close, the bain marie pot should fit inside this bag with this 40 oz stainless steel bottle inside of it. The cool thing about the Maxpedition pack is that it has a 7” x 4” x 1.5” compartment on the front and molle webbing all around. I should be able to put my Ritter/AMK PSP in the front pouch along with a HeatSheets blanket and extra fire kit. My Mora Tri-flex should attach nicely to the molle points. I'll add a shoulder strap and have myself a nice little EDC survival kit. cool