Thanks Susan and Am_Fear_Liath_Mor, those links are some interesting ideas, and one of the studies from Lakeland, Fla is interesting as well as it is not very far from where I am at. After the AC loss and having to buy a new one, I'm a little beat down for cash for awhile but I have been trying to combat very high energy bills for this 50 year old non efficient house. The attic has virtually no access to it to put insulation in it since it is almost flat, the walls are all concrete block with no insulation in them and are a heat storage. The terrazzo floors help some in remaining a little cool but as you walk around the house barefooted you can feel the heat from the ground. I have been experimenting with energy curtains and solar tint which has made significant gains in lowering the AC cycle and there are so many louver windows in this house it will cost a mint to replace all. I would eventually like to put a solar system on the roof and have been trying to replace out windows when money comes available. What's kind of messed up is my neighbors house is more efficient than mine and his power consumption (KWPH-Kilowatts per hour) has been the same for 10 years and he was paying $80 per month for electricity a few years back and now it is $230 with no power use change. The electric company keeps claiming that he needs to turn off lights in the day time to save cost, which is a joke because the Kilowatts are the same and the numbers do not lie. Plus they claim the new power meters are reading a more accurate readings and in the old days you were getting away with more because of an analog meter that was inefficient and your new bill reflects your true and accurate use. Man I want to git off the grid so bad but the money factor is keeping me down. In the meantime I just do little things I can to fight it down, but it seams like I do something and it knocks $30 off the bill, the next bill comes and it's back up to the same price.