Thanks for sharing Dagny. Very eye-opening footage!

I would guess that some modern infrastructure is better equipped to handle a major earthquake today, but often times when the older or weakest link fails you still have failure. Maybe faster to repair if only a portion.

The 6.8 Nisqually Earthquake damaged one of the two bridges connecting Olympia to west Olympia beyond repair and the damaged bridge was also the older bridge. The legislative building also had significant damage and was closed for a couple of years for repairs.

The epicenter was 17 miles from me and I had some stirred up water coming up from my well for several days and my well’s 120 feet deep. Several of my neighbors experienced the same.

I was home at the time and right before it hit a couple of my mares were laying down in the pasture, while not uncommon especially in the nice weather, a little weird in the middle of winter. I was concerned enough about a possible colic that I had went out and checked them. Got back to the house and the quake hit. A friend with horses told me that she had experienced the same with her horses.