Lono -- I read the entire survey and methodology discussions. Very interesting. I'm delighted that DC residents are biased toward Maryland but I still expect I-66 westbound to be hideous as it already is much of every day.

Interesting that men are significantly more likely to evacuate than women.

I'd be even more interested in such a survey focused strictly on DC residents. The Tyson's Corner, VA dirty bomb scenario is absurd. The attack would be WH, Capitol and/or Pentagon. Therefore the residents in the greatest peril are in Arlington County, VA, all DC neighborhoods, and close-in Maryland residents -- especially PG County, Maryland which is nearly always going to be downwind of whatever happens.

The survey data is instructive -- pet ownership, prescription meds, car ownership (a DC-only survey would show that over one-third don't have cars) jump out at me.

Fairfax County VA should have been left out of the survey or broken out into separate results.

The survey failed to ask how much gas is typically in respondents' cars. If a dirty bomb hits, within an hour there will be a thousand cars lined up at the one gas station (2 pumps) in my neighborhood.

That's one of the reasons I have a locking gas cap.

Again, thank you for posting that. If The Washington Post ever reported on it, I missed it. Maybe we were camping.