I won't stash more than I can hide away in various hidden compartments and the spare wheel drum. I have a minimalistic spare wheel, so there's quite a few extra cubic inches there.

Workplace is within 1 hour walking distance, so we don't really need to keep bug-out gear stashed in the vehicle.

So... except for a wool carpet, the factory mounted first aid kit and emergency triangle, the trunk is empty, ready for action and to be filled with anything from pulk to furniture. But in the wheel base I keep

- a bare-bones minimum tools, including bits for those special screws that looks a bit like hexagonal unbraco screws, but aren't.

- Cordage and webbing, primary to tie stuff to the roof rack, but it has thousands applications.

- Duct tape.

- Emergency poncho and rain gear.

- Jumper cables.

- towing ropes, one generic rope and one "bungee-elastic" towing rope.

- A folding showel, chinese copy of that NATO folding showel that folds in 3. It's main purpose is for hacking ice.

A snow showel and wind screen brush/scraper rests under one seat. The door panels holds flashlights, reflective vests (required by law), mora knives and wind screen scraper. The glove box has just the required papers, a wind screen hammer and seat belt cutter and some non-emergency items.

Edited by MostlyHarmless (06/03/10 08:24 PM)