Originally Posted By: Jesselp
Actually, I think my wife did OK. It really was an odd situation - we had litterally closed on a new house that morning (in the same community we've been living in for the past 18-months). She and the kids were exploring the new home while I went to work to try and pay for the mortgage note I had just signed shocked . There were no phone books or internet connections in the house that she could use to look up a locksmith. She couldn't leave the house with the 2-year old trapped, and she also had to look after our 4-year old who was in the house as well.

Yeah, I suppose she did better than I originally thought too. Yeah, she could have left (I mean, c'mon, the kid's already alone in the room. He doesn't know if she's on the other side of the door). She shouldn't have...

Anyway, apparently she had a cell phone? 411 works on them too. But, whatever, I'm being nitpicky - she did what she had to do, improvised, etc. Situation resolved without casualty. Mission accomplished!

Good idea on the after-action follow up. Did she have tools in the car that she could have used? (she didn't? time to look up car kits! She did? What better time to use them?!)