Originally Posted By: oldsoldier
I am sort of surprised that you werent aware-there has been tickers on all the local stations advising about it. I dont know what was said on the radio, but the newsfolks all had talked about it. I think it was a non issue for most people-but, as usual, good news isnt news at all, so they showed people standing in long lines to get water, talked about the arguments & fistfights (Quite happily, I only heard of 3 physical altercations), and the huge sinkhole that was created.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised too, except that I was out walking around Boston (Comonwealth Ave near the the Public Gardens has to be one of the prettiest residential neighborhoods in the country on a nice spring day!), riding the Swan Boats with the kids, and generally being a tourist. Never looked at a TV all day. Odd thing was that I did listen to the radio on the drive through MIT, Harvard Square, and Tufts (wanted to show my 4-year old where he should go to college! smile ) but never heard a thing about it.

I was about to pour myself a glass of water from the tap when my uncle walked in with the jugs of water and told me not to. I'm pretty sure I would have survived - I've drank from some pretty questionable sources over the years. . .