"I'm in Washington state and most aren't prepared here either and we could be in for a major quake as well. I think the folks who live in the rural areas are a little better prepared but I'm just basing that on folks I know."

I live in WA, in a one-signal-light town, and every time there is a high wind warning, the local stores are stripped of the same things: water, beer, canned beef stew, baby formula, diapers, peanut butter, etc. If they didn't get a warning, I guess they'd all be up the creek.

The country people don't seem to plan ahead any better than the city people. People here have animals, large animals, lots of animals, and they don't even have a rainwater-collection pond, cistern, swimming pool, etc, to be able to water their livestock if they lose power to their well pump.

During the last big windstorm, the local feed store put out the word that they had power and well water (bring your own containers), and people were taking her up on it.

I guess when the government does all your thinking, all your planning and all the preparing for you (so they think), you don't have to worry about anything... just pull out the lawn chairs and wait for the Red Cross and National Guard to deliver the fried chicken and beer. mad

Sue