Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply, I am out of town visiting my wife's family.

The bough bed was quite comfortable and insulated me from the snowy, frozen ground. It was time consuming to build but was worth it.

The UCO and REI Matches look the same, evening the packaging. If I remember correctly the UCO Matches have "Made in India" on the box.

I found the "Glow-in-the-Dark" nylon Mason Line at the local Canadian Tire store, in the rope section. I think it comes in 250' rolls, there is a similar type that is neon green that looks almost the same, you have to check the label. The cord does not glow brightly, but is easier to see by flashlight. The cord is very slippery so I found I had to do my knots correctly or they would not hold; I used the, Constrictor Knot, Fisherman Knot, Square Lashing and Round Turn/Half Hitches. This cord is much thinner, compact and cheaper than paracord but in not as strong or versatile.

I had a few methods of fire starting with me in the PSK: 2 butane lighters (Mini-BIC and Jet Type), waterproof matches in 2 locations, Sparklite, paper matchbook in plastic, and if things got really tough, a plastic fresel lens and string for a bow drill.

The Heatsheet Blanket did reflect considerable heat into the shelter, more than the All-weather Blanket I used in my Spring/Fall Scenerio . The Heatsheet was tougher than I thought it would be and embers just burn a small hole in it. The fire got very hot when it flared-up and I was concerned the blanket would melt but it stayed cool. I could have reused the blanket but would never have been able to fold it to the original size, I compressed it to about the size of a football.

I should have built a reflector behind the fire but the ground was frozen or rocky, hard to drive a stake into. Next time I will rig something up.

More info to follow once I get back home, and I will post some more pictures from around the camp.

Later,

Mike