Originally Posted By: Hypatia
These are dependent on what you already have in the pantry, but:

A Tbsp of carob powder (usually taken in a little applesauce, but you could mix it with whatever you have on hand) is good remedy for diarrhea. I keep some on hand just for this purpose.

I have heard camel dung is also effective. I think it was on Dirty Jobs.

Quote:
For the women, a clove of garlic can be used to combat yeast infections. It's used at night (inserted) and removed in the morning.

I am just dying to say something clever about this, but I think I will just pass on the chance to do so.

Quote:
A few grains (6-7) of cayenne pepper snorted can offer migraine relief. Not necessarily pleasant, but neither is a migraine that lasts for days!

I am not a huge fan of folk remedies but since the real remedies for migraines don't work all that well, as long as the folk remedies won't harm you, I don't see any reason not to give them a try. The few people I know that suffered from migraines were motivated to try just about anything. AFAIK, none of them found any of the commonly touted folk remedies effective, and they tried just about all of them. YMMV.

Bob