I saw this topic in another forum and seem to remember it being done here too once or twice. However, it may be a good reminder to all to think about what is 'on hand' or what you personally keep for yourself at work for those unplanned events.

I used to work at a place with two cafeterias that kept a lot of supplies on hand and we had bottled water in the .5 liter bottles available. They also supplied the big coolers with the huge jugs for drinking water all over the place too with a stack of refills by them. They had refrigerators all over the place and lots of folks kept 12 packs (or more) of soda on hand too. We had a nurse/medical center too with everything you would ever want for first aid and medical emergency support. One year the safety office gave all the employees a 'survival kit' a lot like this one:http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/ultimate-survival-kit-in-a-water-bottle-4

While I had something better than that on hand and the vehicle outside with it's supplies it was nice to know that at least some of the bare basics were covered. I kept my freebie kit in my desk just in case someone would need it... Mom always said it was nice to share! I'm not there anymore but it is one of the warm fuzzy feelings the place gave me.