Hi Tom,

Glad to hear you are on the problem. SS of Aluminum, I would use either.

I do not think an Altoids tin is the correct size for this "Ultimate PSK Tin" as it would be difficult to load with stuff because it would be so thin.

I searched my supply of tins/PSK's and think the largest PSK that I would pocket carry would be app. 1.5" deep x 4" wide x 6" tall. I have this size kit made in a steel tackle box that I have pocket carried in my snowmobile floater jacket for 3 years. The kit is an O.K. size but the lid opens on the wide top, it is also a pinned/hinged lid so the water you could boil in it would be limited. I do not know if it would be best to have the end or side open, one makes a better billy can, the other is easier to load with stuff. This tin is not large enough to contain shelter items, I store an AMK Bivy/Heatsheet/cordage in a soft pouch in the same pocket.

I played around with having 2 tins slip into each other, like the Coghlin's Type 2 1st Aid Kit in the curved yellow plastic box. I started out using 2 SPAM tins but the plastic coating was really nasty to remove.

Who was working with the Sigg canteen cups, that looked like a good idea, just needed a top?

Mike