My son and his best friend both earned their Eagle Scout ranks last fall. As part of their courts of honor both boys were presented Kabar Marine Corps knives from the local Marine Corps Detachment. Very cool. Great knives, BUT both boys said they wanted to save the knives and not use them when camping. I can understand that - at least for now.

So, as an extra gift, I bought each of them a Mora Allaround as a knife that they can use, enjoy, and not have to worry about loosing (for that price I'll replace it for them).

I have several Moras, and these do not disappoint. I like the handles a lot - grippy without feeling tacky (like it might attract dirt). Nice thickness for most hands.

The blades are better finished than most of my other Moras. The trademark stamped on the blade is VERY clear and clean and the spine is nice and smooth - which gives more of a sense of quality. Same great edge and blade shape as the others.

The sheath fit is nice and tight - enough that the thumb ramp on the sheath is real handy for popping the knife and sheath apart. It has a belt clip (doesn't have to be threaded through the belt) and has a drain hole near the blade tip.

The only complaint is that I wish the sheath could be used either right or left handed. My son's buddy is right-handed - my son is left-handed.

Oh, and I like the color - not too bright to embarrass a young teenage boy, but enough to be more findable on the ground if dropped (especially the sheath - which I think may be more likely to get dropped than the knife).