"What else would you expect the General to say." You could have ended your response there, AFLM, because it shows the level of integrity you think is on the ground at the airport. The rest is just supposition and I have to say a bit of bile. I don't know what General Keen's response to the 5 flights by Doctors without Borders would be because he didnt' address that - but unless all 5 flights were turned away yesterday, I don't see your point. The airport has a capacity, up from an initial 30 to approximately 115 flights a day. That's a fact. And it hasn't always been 115 flights, more like 60-80 flights / day for the first week - depending on conditions on the ground, yes, 5 Drs without Borders inbounds might be turned away, one per day or all on a day, as they simply could have no where to land. That's a hard fact too. I suppose the situation could be split down the middle - the medical priority may not have been established until just recently, before which lots of medical aid could be turned away without justification. Lessons learned, quickly we hope. Adapt, and overcome - its someone's motto anyway.

And I assume by ex President you are referring to UN Special Envoy for Haiti President William Clinton: if you want to suggest that the government of Haiti shouldn't give any landing privilege to the UN envoy then I guess I have to give up on convincing you otherwise. No, he didn't deliver a stand up medical clinic, but he came in with a shipment of medical and other relief supplies. Honestly I have no idea on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton or what weight she has in established priorities, but between them that's at most 2 flights in 7 days.

Personally if I were to have any bile it would be for the surfeit of reporters on the ground - whose space did they take up on an inbound flight, from what relief supplies are they fed and watered while on the ground in Port au Prince: how many life-saving meals are they eating while they are there. A local Seattle TV affiliate has no less than 2 reporters in Port au Prince right now, a condition probably duplicated across the other 37 major US media markets. Apparently they can't rely on a network pool reporter to report the news, they need to be in Haiti during this early phase, reporting on who knows what.