Do you like (or prefer) lockbacks or liner locks?

I prefer liner locks. This is something to think about.

Along those lines the discontinued Michael Walker Lightweight C37 is one of my all time favorite Spyerco's. I've gotten two of these on ebay so far to replace my lost original. May be slightly out of your specified price range but I'm a strong advocate of spending a little more for the product that fits your functional needs rather than a one-time price point.

You're going to live with this tool for years, why not spend the extra $10-$15?
Get the right tool and you'll thank yourself every time you use it.

The Dragonfly is great but frankly a little small although I EDC'd one for 5 years.
Going from the Dragonfly to the Michael Walker was a revelation in better ergonomics and faster un-deployment. As I said, I prefer liner locks.
I also have a Native which I make my primary folder when hiking or camping but it's a little large for EDC for me. Great knife even though it's a lock back.

The Persistence is a great knife value for the money. I've done a lot of customizing on mine but it's difficult to beat for the price.

Another one of my very recent favorites is the Boker Hyper. Boker is another good brand. the Hyper is made in China but designed by Chad Los Banos from Hawaii.
About $38 and worth it.