Ok,

Here's what I've tried.
#1 Stainless steel. I bought a 'stainless steel' bar of soap for hunting (it destroys scent). I thought "This is too good to be true". I was wrong.
The stuff works! For two months straight I used it on my underarms (Why are you eating while reading ETS posts?)....
My wife had no idea I had stopped using soap. You have to wash each armpit for 1 minute each BUT it killed all scent.
Suppose any stainless steel would do but I couldn't find a comfy substitute. I tried a spoon but the shape was irritating. The stainless steel 'soap' doesn't even irritate the skin. It is smooth!
During testing the only weakness I found with the stainless steel soap was that it didn't remove gasoline or garlic scent. Obviously, it couldn't do anything about oily messes.

#2 Ok seriously....stop eating now. Just because you guys don't know me...I can tell you the following:
Having tried the stainless steel soap (currently discontinued as real soap is faster and I can buy it)
I met a friend who said he never showered. Now I'd lived in the bush with the guy for a week and he didn't smell. I asked him how he did it. He said live stress free and just rinse with water daily. Soap isn't magic. He said he thought it a waste of resources to use shampoo then add back in oils with conditioners. If you just use water the oils aren't removed but the dirt is, plus your oil levels go down after awhile.

So, a year and a half ago I stopped using shampoo. It took hmmm I think a few weeks before my hair didn't look like I'd stop using Shampoo (I was living in the bush at the time). I found it really was nice. Now I look like my hair has a bit of shine, but it isn't oily, or smelly. In fact, my wife has no idea that I stopped (yes we sleep/etc and live together). She asked at first and I said I was trying a natural conditioner. I didn't elaborate. Just wash your hair as if you had soap. If I every get a super dirty I do use shampoo (it isn't a religion) or before I get haircuts (mostly so I don't ever get asked about it). If my wife and all my friends haven't noticed I'm sure most people will be safe. As a plus my face doesn't dry out in the winters anymore. Let it be know that my skin was neither oily or dry before this experiment.

#3 Silver shirts. XSCENT hunting shirts. THEY WORK TOO! (I don't sell them or have anything to do with them)
They cost about the same as a regular shirt (don't get synthetics). It is basically a cotton shirt with nanosilver bonded to it. The X-scent brand (I'm 90% sure I spelled it right. ) Didn't lose the silver with repeated washings (lab tested). You can wear the shirts for a week (day and night) and ask your wife to smell the armpits and she will have no idea. If I did that with a normal shirt I'd be up on murder charges. After 1 week it does smell hmmm not bad, but old.
Like an old book or old leather. As a plus, the shirt kills bacteria (that's how it works). So I know people who have a rag of the stuff and use it instead of chemical hand sanitizers.

Just my two cents. Hope you never need the above stuff!

Not a hippy,

-NIM