Ok, so does anyone remember the guy who started with a single red paperclip, and after many trades with many different people wound up trading up to a house? Who's up for a little horse trading fun?

My goal is to see if I can barter my way up to either a new deer hunting rifle or a PLB, starting by clearing out stuff I can't use. If you want to play along, that's great. Let me know what's sitting around and gathering dust in your home that I may find useful. Maybe we can make a trade. If not, no harm done.

I have, sitting on my table, two "Sure-Pak" brand commercial MREs. They are the full meal kit, consisting of an entree, side, dessert, crackers, spread, and beverage mix. The problem is that they are of no use to me - the entree is "New England Clam Chowder" and I can't eat clams. I don't even want them in the house.

Surely someone can use these, and if that someone is you, let me know what you'll offer in trade. I'll ship these out by USPS priority mail envelope, so it will be cheap and I'll eat the cost.

I'm not trying to sell or buy anything - I really want to see how far I can get by trading. Trading and bartering would be a useful thing to have practiced as a survival skill, no?

(Moderators, if this is inappropriate, please remove)