Originally Posted By: NightHiker

I'm not pointing fingers but I notice a lot of people saying that a call to law enforcement about the owner/dogs is in order. I totally agree but....

Getting into the habit of depending on law enforcement (city police, county sheriff, park rangers, etc) for protection is a dangerous mindset. There's a somewhat sarcastic saying that "when seconds count the police are only minutes away" that's a excellent reminder that nobody else has as vested an interest in the safety of you and your loved ones as you do.

Agreed - however swift the response, the situation will be concluded (positive or negative) when the police arrives - IF they arrive at all.

I guess I should have stated this more clearly: The major point in calling in the authorities is that the silly woman should have a paper trail of negligent and improper handling of her dogs. Even if no action is taken at that point, your complaint is still on record. If and when something else happens, your complaint WILL come back to haunt her at a later point. Hopefully nobody will get hurt before the authorities takes some kind of action...

Never underestimate the power of a paper trail....