Originally Posted By: RoverOver
Hey DWESTE! Make Positively sure,you don't get any in your mouth,since the 3rd in order ingredient happens to be Propylene Glycol,Depending on it's purity of course,that was the same stuff found in the Chinese Cough Syrup&Toothpaste,a few yrs ago in Panama!It Killed Hundreds of people!It's the Main Ingredient to Anti-Freeze.Be Careful!

I apologize, but I feel it prudent to point this warning out as incorrect. The chemical used in the Chinese cough syrup and toothpaste scandal was diethylene glycol, not propylene glycol. Propylene glycol is the animal-friendly alternative to the toxic ethylene glycol and diethylene glycol used in engine coolant, and is generally recognized as safe by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) as an additive, usually as a sweetener I believe, to foods. It is also used quite commonly as a solvent in pharmaceuticals.

Read for yourself:

While I still wouldn’t gargle with the shampoo (too many bubbles whistle), it won’t be the propylene glycol that makes you ill if you try it.