Originally Posted By: oldsoldier
I am really considering one of these teardrop campers in the next few years. Couple of questions though; first, I have a 6 cylinder jeep wrangler-is this capable of pulling one of these, or would I need something bigger? Second, how comfortable are these to stay in? Are they strictly for sleeping, or can you sit up & socialize in them? The pics dont really have anyone inside showing the scale. I know it varies model to model, but I was just curious.
The only one that is "local" to me is in Maine...which is a good 6 hour ride from me. As this is a longer term purchase (like 4-6 years from now), I am just mainly curious. It seems like a nice alternative to a full size one for me!

I'm pulling with a 4-cyl 160hp Honda Element, auto trans (I turn off the overdrive when pulling on non-flat roads).

Provided you have a mattress that suits you, they are tremendously comfortable for sleeping. They are very cozy. I sleep better in mine (a king-sized bed in the teardrop) than at home. Mine has R-11 insulation which provides sound insulation as well as temperature.

Unless you're 7' feet tall, you can sit up in a typical teardrop very comfortably. Otherwise it would seem a coffin.

You wouldn't want to hang out in it all day in a rainstorm. You can't stand up in a teardrop. So I take a 12' x 12' screenroom with zip-down walls and snap-in floor when on a longer trip.

At it's highest point, mine is 43" high on the inside.